Cheryl Richardson is a bestselling author of self improvement books and a motivational speaker.
She sends the message that self care is important for individuals and the planet as a whole.
As a life coach, she has improved the lives of thousands of clients individually, and millions more around the world through her media appearances, workshops, radio programs, and best selling books.
Cheryl Richardson began her career as a tax consultant. She was no
ordinary tax consultant though. She took time to listen to the
problems of her clients and offer suggestions to help them overcome
obstacles and become successful in the areas where they were
struggling. Eventually, she found she was offering more and more
advice, so she began to hold seminars on "Secrets of Success," where
she spoke on topics such as goal setting, life planning, and
Soon she was coaching people from all walks of life and helping them overcome problems. Over time, she was able to identify common obstacles that people deal with, and she developed techniques for overcoming them. Her lectures and coaching sessions became very much in demand. She learned how important self-care is through her own experiences and by talking with so many of her clients.
Richardson went on to become one of the first Master Certified Coaches and served as president of the International Coach Federation.
With the success of her first book, "Take Time for Your Life," Cheryl Richardson gained public recognition and made many media appearances on shows such as Oprah, Good Morning America, CBS This Morning, and The Today Show. She has been written about in the New York Times and USA Today. Richardson is host and co-producer of “The Life Makeover Project with Cheryl Richardson” that airs on the Oxygen Network. In addition, she has produced and hosted two PBS specials.
She has published several self improvement books, many of them becoming bestsellers.
• "Take Time for Your Life" is a seven step coaching program in a book that helps readers learn to take care of themselves. Cheryl Richardson explains it is necessary to take care of you first in order to enjoy better health, happiness, and success. Once you have taken care of yourself, you can then care for others out of love rather than out of obligation or guilt. Richardson defined seven obstacles that have to be overcome. These include being trapped by money, feeling drained by events or other people, feeling guilty about being selfish, having a schedule that doesn't reflect your priorities, not having support from others, and lack of spiritual development. She offers guidance and techniques for dealing with these blocks to self-love and success.
• "The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life" teaches readers about the power of grace. In this book, Cheryl Richardson teaches readers that nothing in life is an accident. She explains that every person and every event comes into your life on purpose and has a lesson for you to learn. She further explains once you accept this spiritual principle, it changes the way you view life, and how you react to it. In addition, by surrendering to grace, and letting it lead your life, it will open doors to experiences and blessings you previously had blocked. Richardson teaches that grace is a form of divine intelligence that leads you down a path to your greatest potential, if you align yourself with its energy, and realize that coincidences and opportunities are purposefully set in front of you.
• "Life Makeovers: 52 Practical & Inspiring Ways to Improve Your Life One Week at a Time" is a work that helps readers improve their lives gradually, a week at a time. Some of the subjects covered include making time for you, finding fun in life, becoming more creative, letting go of time wasting tasks, and building more meaningful relationships. This book contains a year-long program that is broken into weekly steps. There is a new lesson each week that includes action steps to put the teachings into practice on a daily basis. Cheryl Richardson explains that by doing this, readers can expect their lives to slowly change for the better as the weeks pass and they open themselves to more love, self-care, and inner wisdom.
• "The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time" is designed to help readers transform their lives in twelve steps, tackled one month at a time. Each chapter has a story about how someone's life changed for the better because of learning self-care. Also included in each chapter are techniques to practice for the month, helpful on-topic resources, and a challenge to let go of one limiting belief or behavior. By tackling change one month at a time, it is easier to undergo a total life transformation. Cheryl Richardson teaches the key to overcoming self abuse, anger, deprivation, neglect, and self-betrayal is learning how to take care of yourself first, and then you can better take care of others.
• "Stand Up for Your Life: A Practical Step-by-Step Plan to Build Inner Confidence and Personal Power" offers readers an action plan for uncovering their fullest potentials. Richardson explains we need to stop letting the opinions and voices of others block our dreams and desires. She inspires readers to develop the courage and confidence needed to reach for their dreams. She urges readers not to give away their power to other people, but to learn how to harness it to transform their lives into happier, more fulfilled expressions of their deepest desires.
• "You Can Create an Exceptional Life" was written in collaboration with Louise Hay, a notable leader in the self improvement industry. Louise Hay has written many self improvement books and even owns a publishing company. She also hosts the weekly radio show given by Cheryl Richardson. This book was written by two best selling self improvement authors and it is filled with wisdom and actionable spiritual advice for life transformation. They teach the importance of self-love and of loving our bodies. They also discuss aging, prosperity, relationships, and death. Their advice is drawn on decades of life experience practicing the principles they teach.
In addition to providing CDs of her bestselling books, Cheryl
Richardson offers her fans additional DVDs and CDs. These include:
• "Create An Abundant Life," which is a copy of her PBS show where she teaches how to have increased abundance in four areas of life: money, energy, passion, and time.
• "The Practice Building Workshop" is an eight CD set that teaches the important steps to building a business based upon your passions and making it thrive.
• "Stand Up for Your Life" is a copy of the PBS special based upon her best selling book of the same title. In this program, Cheryl Richardson teaches how to lead a life of purpose and meaning.
Cheryl Richardson also produces calendars and card decks that can be used as daily reminders to say affirmations, be inspired, take action, or listen to divine guidance.
The "Grace" cards and "Self-Care" cards are also available as iPhone apps.
In addition, Richardson's year long program, "The Art of Extreme Self-Care," has been developed into an online course that can be downloaded from her website.
Cheryl Richardson makes it easy for followers of her work to stay in
touch. She has a presence on FaceBook and Twitter. In addition, she
has a website that offers her products and provides details about
her lecture schedule with Hay House conferences and other events.
Cheryl Richardson delivers a new message each week on Hay House Radio that is replayed at various times during the week.
As an author of several popular self improvement books, Richardson has touched the lives of millions of people all over the world. She teaches us that selfishness is the path to selflessness, and when we learn to take care of ourselves, everyone around us, including the planet, benefits from our growth.
Back to the top of this page about Cheryl Richardson Teaches the Importance of Self Care
List of articles about self help books listed alphabetically: Alfred Adler, Barbara De Angelis, Maya Angelou Biography, Arjuna Ardagh, Richard Bandler, Brandon Bays, Alain de Botton, Gregg Braden, Brene Brown, Les Brown, Leo Buscaglia, Tony Buzan, Andrew Carnegie Biography, Carlos Castaneda, Pema Chodron, Deepak Chopra, Deepak Chopra Books Paulo Coelho, Stephen Covey, Peter Drucker, T. Harv Eker, Masary Emoto, Timothy Ferriss, Debbie Ford, Viktor Frankl, Mahatma Gandhi, Gangaji, Shakti Gawain, Kahlil Gibran, Daniel Goleman, Amit Goswami, Alex Grey, Stanislav Grof, David Hawkins, Louise Hay, Hermann Hesse, Esther Hicks and Jerry Hicks, Napoleon Hill, Susan Jeffers, C G Jung, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Byron Katie, Robert Kiyosaki, Bruce Lipton, Ramana Maharshi, J W Marriott, Abraham Maslow, John Maxwell, Drunvalo Melchizedek, Anthony de Mello, Anthony De Mello Quotes, Dan Millman, Bruce Moen, Robert Monroe, Michael Newton, Daniel Pink, Dave Ramsey, Ayn Rand Books, James Redfield, Cheryl Richardson, Anthony Robbins, Anthony Robbins Books Carl Rogers, Jim Rohn, Marshall Rosenberg, Geneen Roth, Don Miguel Ruiz, Robin Sharma, Barbara Sher, George Soros Biography, George Soros Quotes, Eckhart Tolle, Brian Tracy Books, Neale Donald Walsch, , Joe Vitale, Lyall Watson, Alan Watts, Stuart Wilde, Marianne Williamson, Larry Winget, Gary Zukav, Best Self Help Books, Self Help Books for Women,